Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Saturday, February 5, 2011
. . . but I wanted to show off the project that I did for my friend who is having a baby this month. I painted the canvases with acrylic to match the fabric my friend is using in the nursery. Then I drew the animals with permanent marker and cut them out from tagboard. I glued some foam in between the animals and the background, so that they pop out a little bit.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
The storage bin that I decorated will be auctioned on November 6th. Visit the museum's website for more information and to see the rest of the bins. There are many talented artists included in this auction, and I am honored to be one of them. I am also happy to help out The Maine Discovery Museum.
Monday, August 30, 2010
I decorated this wooden bin for an auction to support a local children's museum. I first primed and painted the box. I used a combination of a couple of different blue paints with some green and white. I then added some designs with yellow and pink. On top of the paint, I cut out and glued on seaweed and clouds using decorative paper. I drew fish and bubbles on drawing paper with colored pencil, and then cut those out and glued them on. I created a quilled paper design on one bubble on each side of the bin. I added a clear coat over everything. The finishing touch was to glue clear acrylic coasters over the quilling to project the designs.
I was asked to decorate a storage bin for the local children's museum (The Maine Discovery Museum in Bangor). They asked a variety of local artists to turn the wooden bins into works of art which they will auction off in November to raise money for the museum. I had my little baby boy on July 20th, so this is the only project I have completed this summer!
Monday, June 21, 2010
We are expecting our baby boy in less than a month! Here is a look at the nursery, although it is still a work in progress. I put a couple of quilled pictures on the dresser, but they will probably end up being hung on the wall.